September 23–24, 2017
New York Marriott Downtown
85 West Street at Albany Street
New York, NY 10006
ASCRS is proud to present the Young Eye Surgeons (YES) Advanced Cataract Training, an in-depth educational offering to increase exposure to advanced cataract training for ophthalmology residents, fellows and surgeons in their first five years of practice. This one-and-a-half day intensive educational program includes didactic/video case presentations, a hands-on wet lab, and roundtable discussion breakout sessions.
The YES Advanced Cataract Training program has been designed to provide Young Eye Surgeons in Training (Residents/Fellows) with a travel stipend* and complimentary registration.
Make sure you take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn from leading experts in your field.
*Stipends are limited to those in programs outside of the greater New York area (110 miles).
Attendees will be able to:
- Describe best practices for identifying astigmatism, interpreting topography and measuring individual patient parameters and implement appropriate surgical plan
- Cite current best practices for achieving optimal refractive outcomes for eyes undergoing phacoemulsification in both normal and unusual clinical settings.
- Describe appropriate techniques and protocols for enhancements following cataract surgery
- Compare and contrast available multifocal and accommodating IOLs; discuss patient selection criteria; describe insertion techniques and management of complicating factors
- Analyze currently available data on risk and benefits of femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery and delineate key technique differences between laser-assisted and conventional phacoemulsification
- Review glaucoma surgical innovations and discuss their future applications for its treatment
- Recognize complicating factors and develop appropriate preoperative planning and intraoperative techniques to address the complexities and achieve best outcomes