September 23–24, 2017
New York Marriott Downtown
85 West Street at Albany Street
New York, NY 10006
To book housing, please contact Pura Valdez at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASCRS, is proud to present, Young Eye Surgeons (YES) Advanced Cataract Training, an in-depth educational offering to increase exposure to advanced cataract training for ophthalmology residents, fellows and surgeons in their first five years of practice. This one-and-a-half day intensive educational program includes didactic/video case presentations, a hands-on wet lab, and roundtable discussion breakout sessions.
The YES Advanced Cataract Training program has been designed to provide Young Eye Surgeons in Training (Residents/Fellows) with a travel stipend* and complimentary registration.
Make sure you take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn from leading experts in your field.
*Stipends are limited to those in programs outside of the greater New York area (110 miles).
Attendees will be able to:
- Describe best practices for identifying astigmatism, interpreting topography and measuring individual patient parameters and implement appropriate surgical plan
- Cite current best practices for achieving optimal refractive outcomes for eyes undergoing phacoemulsification in both normal and unusual clinical settings.
- Describe appropriate techniques and protocols for enhancements following cataract surgery
- Compare and contrast available multifocal and accommodating IOLs; discuss patient selection criteria; describe insertion techniques and management of complicating factors
- Analyze currently available data on risk and benefits of femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery and delineate key technique differences between laser-assisted and conventional phacoemulsification
- Review glaucoma surgical innovations and discuss their future applications for its treatment
- Recognize complicating factors and develop appropriate preoperative planning and intraoperative techniques to address the complexities and achieve best outcomes