September 15–16, 2018
Parc 55 San Francisco
55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
ASCRS is proud to present the Young Eye Surgeons (YES) Advanced Cataract Training, an in-depth educational offering to increase exposure to advanced cataract training for ophthalmology residents, fellows and surgeons in their first five years of practice. This one-and-a-half day intensive educational program includes didactic/video case presentations, a hands-on wet lab, and roundtable discussion breakout sessions.
Registration will open in Spring 2018. In the meantime, visit the 2017 YES Advanced Cataract Training highlights page featuring a compilation of photos and videos from the event. Please browse and share with friends and colleagues to help build awareness for this innovative, hands-on training opportunity.
Attendees will be able to:
- Describe best practices for identifying astigmatism, interpreting topography and measuring individual patient parameters and implement appropriate surgical plan
- Cite current best practices for achieving optimal refractive outcomes for eyes undergoing phacoemulsification in both normal and unusual clinical settings.
- Describe appropriate techniques and protocols for enhancements following cataract surgery
- Compare and contrast available multifocal and accommodating IOLs; discuss patient selection criteria; describe insertion techniques and management of complicating factors
- Analyze currently available data on risk and benefits of femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery and delineate key technique differences between laser-assisted and conventional phacoemulsification
- Review glaucoma surgical innovations and discuss their future applications for its treatment
- Recognize complicating factors and develop appropriate preoperative planning and intraoperative techniques to address the complexities and achieve best outcomes